Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 29


Welcome! Day 29 (Sept 6) of North to Alaska

 


Today is the start of our 5th week on the road. It is also the last day of our train excursions. While I have enjoyed our activities surrounding the train I look forward to getting in my car and again controlling my destiny.  As I woke Cassie up at 6:15, we had packed most everything the night before, I knew today would be long. First I still felt bad, normal symptoms, slight fever, sore throat, congestion, just sort of aching all over, then I knew we would be on the train from 8:15 AM till 8:15 PM. But the train waits for no one so we ate a bite of breakfast, cereal for me, eggs and bacon for Cassie with her coffee. We were on the shuttle at 7 with three other couples, glad I had reserved our spot. We boarded the train a little before 8. We had row two in our car so pretty much away from everyone else. I kept to myself not talking to anyone. I had Cassie getting me diet cokes throughout the day, when you feel bad drink liquids, and napped off and on most of the way to Anchorage. Cassie read and worked her Sudoku, I don’t understand how, but she is pretty good at working the hard puzzles. The train stopped in Denali and Talkeetna to drop off and take on passengers. This did not affect us as we had the same seats for the entire trip. To add to our misery it rained most of the way till just outside Anchorage. So I did not even try to take pictures but you saw some we took when we traveled north.

As we got close to Anchorage we did see a very nice rainbow. The picture I took is not nearly as good as the actual rainbow.

As we approached the anchorage station I did see my car in the parking lot. After getting our luggage we went to the car and I saw a ticket under the windshield wiper. That night I logged in and paid the fine. Once this trip is over I will write some letters voicing my displeasure of receiving the ticket. I want to get out of the state before I ruffle feathers. But at least my car was there, not in some impound lot.

So ended day 29 and our train travels for this trip. The first day of week 5 while not great is now over.
Model train setup in Train Depot
Maintained by model train club.

Rainbow just north of Anchorage
 

No comments:

Post a Comment