Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 46


Welcome! Day 46 (Sept 23) of North to Alaska

 

Quote: “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli  

Tonight we are still in Coupeville, WA. This was as planned for today was laundry day. So the morning started with a great breakfast of some type of egg casserole. It had a few mushrooms but I ate around them. Cassie of course ate it all. Then I got the rest of our clothes from the car. In addition to washing we needed to repack from our larger suitcases into our smaller ones for the next twelve days. We mostly leave our larger cases in the car each night and only get out the smaller ones for the next day. We pack for 4 days in our smallest ones, 8 days in the next size and everything else in the larger ones hoping we don’t need it for 12 or so days.

Then on to laundry, first we separated our clothes into 5 stacks. (I would simply fill up a washer and move on to the next but Cassie insists we must separate and cannot wash everything together). I separate mine and Cassie does hers. I then loaded the stacks back into the car and headed to the Laundromat. Of course Coupeville does not have a Laundromat so I travelled up the road to the big town of Oak Harbor and found a nice one. I washed and dried all the stacks. How this was accomplished I will never tell. The clothes are clean and dry. This all took about 2 hours. I returned and we folded and repacked our various suitcases. I reloaded the car with all but my electronics and Cassie’s essentials which I loaded the next morning.

While I was busy washing clothes Cassie walked down to Front Street and got some soup and pastries from a bakery. She said walking down was easy but then she had to walk back up. Our B&B is about halfway up a long hill.

For dinner we went back to Front Street and ate at the Front Street Grill. Cassie had some prawns and salad while I stuck with an old fashion cheese burger and fries. Remember I really had no lunch.

So ended Day 46. Tomorrow heading south on US 101. We will see where it leads.   

No comments:

Post a Comment