Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 30


Welcome! Day 30 (Sept 7) of North to Alaska

 


Today is Day 30 another excellent example of good planning. The plan was to stay two nights in Anchorage before travelling south to explore some towns on the Kenia Peninsula. We did this. For the day we were going to travel from Anchorage to Glennallen. This road shows up on the AAA map as dotted, you know what Cassie thinks of dotted roads, they must be travelled. Later in the week we had planned to take a ferry from Whittier to Valdez and then drive up to Glennallen before heading back to Canada. Well last night I received an email telling us the ferry we were to take was cancelled until at least 9/19. So now after going south for a few days we plan to travel north to Wasilla, just north of Anchorage, and spend the night instead of going to Whittier. (We went thru Whittier when we took the Whistle Stop train to the float trip in the ice berg field, not much there so we do not need to see it again). We will then go to Glennallen on the dotted road. This is a long worded way of saying I felt terrible this morning although my throat had stopped hurting and needed the day to rest. So even when plans change they can be good plans.

After breakfast I slept most of the morning even though it was hard to breath. I was really congested. By midafternoon I determined I needed some medication. I found a Walgreen not too far from hotel and went and got some Mucinex for congestion. I wanted the twelve hour but somehow got the four hour instead, the box said New Maximum Strength, don’t they always say that. So I took 2 at 4 PM, then another 2 at 8 PM. They were large red capsules, hard to take. They seemed to work. I felt better as I tried to sleep.

While I was feeling sorry for myself Cassie was doing laundry. Our room was just across the hall from the guest machines. I think she washed 5 loads. My only contribution was to tell her some of my clothes did not need washing as I had packed many more shorts and shirts than I needed. So I did help a little.

Cassie ordered supper via room service. We each had spaghetti. It was good.

So ended day 30, a day of rest for me.
No pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment