Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 01


Welcome! Day1 (Aug 9) of North to Alaska

 

 

Quote “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

 

Cassie’s version of this quote “A road trip of 14,000 miles must begin with a stop at McDonald’s for an Egg McMuffin breakfast sandwich.

 

So we left McDonalds this morning at 8:15 heading west then north then west again and ended in Hays, Kansas. Hays is a nice little town on I70 about 160 miles from CO.

 

We did eat dinner at Montana Mikes, a steak place. None in our area. It was very good. Cassie had baby back ribs while I had Chicken Fried Steak, which I could not finish but I tried.

 

I was asked how does one pack for a ten week road trip. It is simple you pack everything you can and leave the rest. So I laid all the seats down in my crossover SUV and stuffed it full. I got the refrigerator but was unable to get the kitchen sink. See photos attached. You see a little empty space from the side view directly behind the driver, it was not empty by the time we pulled out of the driveway.

 

The trip up was uneventful except for some rain once we got to Kansas but traffic was lite so the moisture was not a problem.

 

We have traveled I35 from Fort Worth to OKC many times while some things are new most we remembered from past trips.

 

Not sure when this will be posted we are having wi-fi problems. I can only image what type of wi-fi we will have in northern Canada.



No comments:

Post a Comment